Monday, February 15, 2010

Short Story: Changed

“Changed”


"You just killed me!", shouted Anna as she slapped my face, so hard that the pain lasted for two weeks, and left me standing at my front porch. The sun was shining so bright that the heat almost scorched my unclothed, Brad Pitt - like body, making me retire back inside the house and back to my cozy bed beside a girl that I didn't even know. That was the last I saw of Anna.

It was a month before when I first met Anna. My all-wondrous face and seductively carved body was sitting beside the stage when I noticed a very attractive face and seemingly inviting curves continuously flashing those sexy gazes at me, as if saying: "I want you, baby. Come on over, and let me give you a taste of… (Oops! Enough of that!)" ‘So what did you do?', you ask? Here's what I did, I came over, gently wiping away any trace of the Zombie I just drank from the corners of my shabby lips, and kissed her right off her stool. What happened next was shocking and still is quite a mystery to me. As I thought she was enjoying my wet and wild lips, she suddenly shoved my face off w/ a slap slightly less painful than the one I had recently. "That isn't a good way to ask one out, you know, but, honestly, it was quite nice… Would you mind to show me more?" I was not in the mood for a nice spankin', but hey, after all, how could I refuse an offer from a damsel in distress?

So, we hit it on… (you know what I mean…)

Our relationship lasted for a month or so, those were the times of roller coaster rides and ice creams on hot days. Doing that thing we did a couple of times during our first day together was never repeated again. She showed me that there's more to life than what I usually thought it was. She made me appreciate the small things that come my way everyday, for short, she made life worth living.

In the duration of that one month, her smile served as my sun when the day poured its rain on me. Her presence served as an inspiration for me in countless things. I discovered my talent in painting and of what I do today. Writing. I never knew the power of the pen since the day she gave me the book that she loved so much, ‘Of Love and Tyndales’. By giving me that book, she gave me new life. She triggered the writer in me.

All that she did was that she loved me, she really loved me! Out of all the girls that I've gone out with and had made out with, she was the only person who loved me as a person. The others only loved my face, my body. They only considered me as an object of good time, but what they did not know is that I may be a pretty face and a stud body to go with, I still am a person that feels, that yearns for love.

I still remember vividly that on that fateful day, I promised to see her and take her to a Celine Dion concert right across town. I already prepared and planned the whole day, as to where we were supposed to go after the concert and how I was to propose to her at the romantic resto-garden of El Flavioli’s. But the night before that special day destroyed just everything…

As I was in the bar, sitting on my regular chair, drinking my usual Zombie, I was celebrating my last day of single life. My heart and mind was set to a life with her, my woman, my Anna… The night ended with only a few glasses of Zombie and vowed them to be my lasts. Just as I was walking for the door and go back home to get ready for the big day tomorrow, a hand suddenly turned me around and forcefully gave me a kiss, so fiery that my drunk self just gave in. And I assume you know what happens next, right? Well, honestly, no matter how much fun I had that night, it did not measure up to the horrible morning after…

As you now know, we eventually separated and never saw each other again. A few days had past when I saw a familiar face in the headlines of the local newspapers. The picture showed a familiar room, now only amiss with the sheets on the floor, the pillows thrown all over, and yet the familiar side table had something new and foreign placed over it, a bottle of sleeping pills and tablets scattered wildly across it… The room was poorly lit with the lamp swinging back and forth in a crazed manner, there was a chair stumbled below it and a peculiar rope with something I never knew could be placed there was attached to the rope… The woman’s hair was all over her face covering her grotesquely distorted face… Though the face was covered, I could still make out the familiar face… It was of my betrayed love… ANNA… Anna had just killed herself…

All these things happened a year ago, and yes, I regret everything I did… How could I be so much stupid to have caused such havoc?! Why did I give in? Why was my flesh stronger than my mind during that night of sheer mistake?! How could I have done it? Why did it happen to me? Why did it happen to her? All these questions I still ask myself time and time again… Why?!

Now, as I revisit a place, I realize that I may have come too early, as the place is totally deserted… I sit on the chair near the stage and wait for anyone to come in… As my watch clucked 9:05 am, the doors open wide as multitudes of people come in… I am urged to sit on my place now, as I realize that I’m back to reality and still have a job to do… I am Reverend Gershom now and my sermon is just starting, would you mind to join us?

Diary Entry
December 19, 2003
9:05am

-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment