Monday, February 15, 2010

Poem: My First and Last Kiss

My First and Last Kiss


A kiss was all we had
A kiss was all I got
A kiss from my beloved lad
A kiss goodbyes have knot

Oh, how I remember
The great blush on your cheeks
That fateful day in sweet November
When unsaid love saw its peaks

You told me you felt something
Something tugging in your heart
You said that I was your everything
And that we will never ever part

We held each other close
With our small fingers in the cold
As our young hearts, together, rose
And saw life, so great, unfold

Oh, how scared I first felt
When your lips drew near to mine
As, beside the bench, we knelt
Experienced love ending the line

But then, suddenly, you had to go
Your mother called for your depart
Our meeting was short as one ‘Hello’
And parting such sweet sorrow start

My heart yearned for your return
A kiss was all I had of you
Despite the cold, felt my lips burn
From love only for two

Tears rolled down from my eyes
As I remembered what you said,
“Forget not love that never dies,
Such sweet pure love that we have led...”















As the morning woke anew
A call we got broke my heart’s core
That longed to love you, and only you
That you were gone, with me no more

You left me bleeding, left me hurt
With life and death, you played around
You left me lonely on this earth
What of your promises, love abound?!

We were so young, so young!
How could death bring you to it’s den?
Comfort come, songs of love, we had sung
You were six, and I was seven...

And as years came rushing by
To me, it is but life no worth
Forget you, I cannot but try
Death came after love’s birth

Now, I feel my body weak
Rested upon my husband’s bed
I sense the coming of death’s sharp beak
Love out of hate was never bred

Alas, my soul has ended its murmur
Flying, soaring, from my yoke freed
And you come to me as you were
Full of life in death is all that you heed

Your arms wide open welcome me
To your warm embrace of old
I felt that I was home at last, oh please let me be
We touch, I feel love in your hold

And now as our dear longing fulfilled
I feel sweet joy at last, fill me with bliss
Once and for all, our love is sealed
My long-missed, first and last kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment