Monday, February 15, 2010

Poem: Short Ode to the Rose I Once Loved

A Short Ode To The Rose I Once Loved

You’re like a rose that’s never died
With your embrace, my heart you tied
Close to yours, with love so true
Here in my heart is only you...

The sun may shine, the winds may blow,
But you alone I won’t let go
My heart, it jumps, it throbs, it dies
When love so darling say goodbyes

A canvass plain, and torn, and white
I am for you to paint tonight
Whatever you might or might not say
My love for you will never go away

I know you won’t ever love me
And come what may, it still will be
A life without you I will live
But all my heart to you I’ll give

After all the tears I wept
After all your notes I kept
Now you leave me here
Alone and filled with fear

I grasp for you, but you’re not there
I cry for you, but you won’t care
I look on you, but you’re all bare
I think of you, but I won’t dare

The mere thought of you going away
Is enough for my mind to go astray
My grief is too much for now
Try as I might, it’s still there somehow

Slowly, I am being eaten
Where sorrows grow deep, I am hidden
From the radiance of our old love
Which, seemed so sweet, did come from above

And now I’m stuck, with sadness and pain,
Without even a single thing to gain
But loss and overwhelming heartache
No, not a little bit, I can take

Alas, here ends my but short ode
To lighten my ever heavy load
And to the rose that once I loved dearly,
Here’s to you, from all my heart, sincerely...

P.S. I wrote this emo poem and so many others, which I will post soon as they are so fun to read and reminisce with, in high school, about four years ago. hahaha, so be gentle guys

No comments:

Post a Comment