Monday, February 15, 2010

Poem: Our's Love Point of No Return

“Our Love’s Point of No Return”
Love’s point of origin --a mystery for us to find
Love’s common side –-a corner where our hearts bind
Love’s sought complement –- the twitch that our hearts wind
Love’s simplest reward –- lost somewhere in my mind

I gave you all my heart, my love
Even my life, laid down as a dove
But you went and ran and left me as you drove
Tore down and destroyed, the dreams I wove

Oh, the pain, my heart you deceived
Oh, the angst that drove my mind in grief
Oh, the hurt my being readily received
And yet, you said, it was nothing you perceived

Perpendicular as it may be, my hurt, my pain
No congruent compassion came to me, my gain
In supplement, no passion and fire was lain
Leaving me in sorrow, my fantasy in vain










We were consumed in passion, you and I
Our minds flew, as the moments rushed by
As that night ended, we laid there and sighed,
“Oh, our love none can satisfy…”

But as we came to that point, one fateful day
You can no longer face me, in words or any way
Your ray of sight no longer can repay
Lost is your promise of love, come what may

Now, how strong I pray in every turn
That you did not choose the point of no return
How I long for us to hold and burn
These all I dream, I ask, I yearn

No longer are we together
No bisector, no vertex to bind us forever
I am doomed for sure, come whatever
This is the end of the line, goodbye, my lover!

P.S. This poem is obviously influenced by the wonderful Phantom of the Opera film way back 2003 or 2005. Hahha, this was one made for Math class. The teacher gave me a perfect score as I was able to make use of geometric terms in lyrical language but forbade me from the honor of reading aloud in class (as was given to those who got the perfect score for their poems) because she found it too graphic perhaps, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment